Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Favorite time-periods of fashion?...

  1. #21
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Judiaci!!! I graduated in 1983...and I am so with you on the fashions of that time! I remember very well my soft fuzzy sweaters and wool plaid skirts. We also wore jeans that were way too long...then we would roll them up several times, making huge cuffs. Another thing I really remember is cowl neck sweaters....and we had assortments of pins that we fastened to the necks...stick pins, I think.

    We wore Norweigan clogs...can't remember the name. Bagstad, maybe? Very expensive, but very necessary to be in fashion in my high school.

    My son and daughter just went to their homecoming dance. My daughter wore and evening dress...my son wore a pair of khaki's, and a button down shirt. When I was in highscool, we wore plaid wool skirts, and fuzzy sweaters. The boys wored three piece suits! Times have certainly changed.

    Anyway!!!! My favorite periods of fashion are the Victorian and Edwardian eras. Sam is actually from the Edwardian era, but many people confuse the two...which is easy to do.

    I have whole rooms in my house that mirror the Victorian era...and hope to one day build a reproduction Victorian home.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Like Melissa, I love the simplicity of the country look. My girls like simple cotton clothes too like Sam's play dress is her favorite and Addy's stilt dress is her favorite.

    I'd rather wear Samantha's bathing dress or Addy's stilt dress over jeans any day but since I can't, I'm happy with my jeans

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oooh, I penchant for historical costume seems to be a common thread on this board! Like many said above, I too like regency, civil war era, 1920s (art deco style), and the 1940s... costume really can say a lot about historical eras like that.

  4. #24
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    I think ny favorites would be Regency, Victorian, Elizabethian, Medieval, and the '50's. I remember all the fashions of the late '70's & '80's as well [img]smile.gif[/img] I graduated in '85 (my sister graduated in '82). I remember my favorite retro looks from the early 80's were the dresses from the '20's (love F. Scott & Zelda) and the '50's (yes I was a big Stray CAts fan!)

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •